"Whittier's Churches." From pamphlet Whittier, California published 1902 by the Board of Trade (later Chamber of Commerce).
The 12 linear feet of vertical files supporting the Whittier History Collection consist mainly of newspaper clippings, organized by subject. Click the link in the previous sentence to view a list of vertical file subjects. The vertical files are particularly helpful when researching topics in Whittier history from 1955 onward, as those years of the Whittier Daily News have not yet been digitized and are only available on microfilm.
The link below will take you to a searchable database of pamphlet container lists held by the Whittier History Room.
See the Research Appointments page for information on making an appointment to use these materials for your research.
Pamphlet subject areas include:
- General California
- General Southern California
- Northern and Central California
- Greater Southern California
- Greater Los Angeles County
- San Gabriel Valley
- City of Los Angeles
- Ranchos, Missions and Adobe Houses
- Whittier Chamber of Commerce
- Whittier Area Clubs and Organizations
- Whittier Periodicals
- Richard M. Nixon Campaign Materials
- Richard M. Nixon Inauguration Materials