To request photographic reproductions, follow these steps:
Browse/search our Photograph Collections and Visual Collection to decide which images you intend to use. All of the Whittier Public Library History Room's photographs and other digital image files available for use are viewable on our website.
Make a note of the identifiers of the images - these will appear either in the format "CHU-053E" or in the format "2015-07-31-00001".
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of requestor.
- How the images are to be used. If for publication, please give details regarding title, author and date of publication.
- A list of identifiers of the images requestor intends to use - these will appear throughout the digital collections in one of two formats: "CHU-053E" or "2015-07-31-00001".
The Local History librarian will reply to your email and:
- In-Person option: Arrange a time for you to come into the library to sign a photographic reproduction form, which includes copyright information and instructions for proper credit. At that time, the requested high-resolution images will be saved to your flash drive;
- Online option: You will sign, scan and email the photographic reproduction form, and indicate the email address associated with your Dropbox account.
Please send any questions regarding the above instructions to email@example.com.
Monte's Camera Shop. Whittier Historical Visual Collection. MBK-194.